OSINT Pathfinder XVIII training programme
17th October - 19th OctoberEUR1150
Good intelligence is the key to good decision making. The RIS OSINT Pathfinder range of training programmes does exactly that. The Pathfinder training programme/workshop is a full programme aimed at getting the most out of the open source intelligence world today. The Pathfinder will address all steps of the unique RIS OSINT Intelligence Cycle, from problem deconstruction and requirements analysis, source analysis, search strategies and search tactics, information evaluation and reliability as well as research management.
There is in-depth discussions on everything you need to be successful and efficient in online research: best search engines, obscure search engines, social media monitoring, how to built an OSINT Research Station, the Deep Web / Dark Web, finding hidden information, creating a search plan, how to bring down 10+ million results to a manageable number, and more.
What you will get
- Three full days of OSINT training ;
- The RIS OSINT Handbook with all the details, in print, with table of contents and sources ;
- Extensive lunch and catering included ;
- A laptop on loan for the duration of the training programme (you can bring your own if you like)
- Quick Reference Sheets with the full command languages of the major international search engines, including the ‘secret’ operators ;
- A hand-picked literature list for your background reading ;
- There will be an online training website for participants during and after the training programme ;
- One month after-care service by phone or e-mail for participants to ask questions to the teacher after the training ;
- Hand-signed RIS Pathfinder Certificate ;
- Group photograph (if required) ;
We also invite all our participants for the Icebreaker Event in the evening of the first day, an informal get together networking event hosted by us with drinks, snacks and a light dinner.
What you will learn
The RIS OSINT Pathfinder addresses the full cycle of investigative online research, from problem deconstruction up to and including search strategies. What you will learn is:
- The best and most effective search strategies ;
- Strategies to bring down 10+ million hits to a few relevant ones ;
- How to search the Deep Web ;
- Monitoring techniques for social media from simple to professional ;
- All ins and outs of the worlds leading search engines ;
- How to structure and plan your research ;
- Advanced techniques to validate information for reliability ;
- How to find out the true senders of e-mail ;
- How to find hidden information in photographs ;
- Maintaining a journal of your research to save you time and money ;
- The best and most useful tools and add-ons to turn your PC into a RIS OSINT Research Station.